mardi, juin 20, 2006

123. Church of Féron




This is the church of Féron, a town near Fourmies. It is a church which has a defensive church tower (like a fortress). In the past centuries when they were wars, and when invadors came, people went to the church, to protect and defend themselves. We can find also many of such churches in the Thiérache, which is the North of the department of Aisne and at the South border of the Avesnois. There is a road which leads from one defensive church to the other. This church is made out of red bricks and blue stones (on my photo, there are not right blue, in reality they are of a blue-grey). They are extracted in the region and are also often sculpted. At the top of the church tower, you can see a girouette (a wind vane) which shows the direction of the wind. It is almost always a cock as wind wane on the top of the church.

Perle de Rosée, june 20th, 2006, 11/36 AM.

  • The virtual travel of Perle de Rosée :
  • From Vanuatu, or New Hebrides, we are sailing with my virtual ship a long way though the South Pacific and are coming to the capital town of New Zealand, Wellington, where we are looking at Louise's Wellington Daily Photo. Wellington is at the other side of the world. If I dig a hole in the earth and I came at the other side of the world, I should came out in the South Pacific a few hundred (or thousand?) miles from the East Coast from the East Coast of New Zealand.
  • I'm sorry that I did forget Spain on my way. I shall take them on my second virtual tour around the world, with all those who created a new City Daily Photo or City Photo Blog in the countries where I've already done my first virtual tour around the world.
  • (Addenda) This part of the article was published first at 20th june 11:11 AM.
  • Perle de Rosée.

1 Comments:

At dim. sept. 10, 10:33:00 PM 2006, Blogger perle de rosée said...

Nice building, good angle!

--
Posted by Seesaw to Pont-sur-Sambre and Avesnois Daily Photo at 6/22/2006 02:09:30 PM

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home